“Working to protect, conserve and enhance the natural environment locally and globally.”
The Society works to keep our district clean and green by:
- Being an independent local watchdog over actions of local Councils, government agencies and developers.
- Providing a forum for members to express their environmental concerns to local, state and national governments.
- Campaigning against inappropriate tree removal and other environmental damage in our suburbs.
- Providing environmentally-focused feedback to local Councils on signiﬁcant developments and management plans.
- Publishing educational materials including Birds of Oatley Park, Native Plants of Oatley and producing a monthly newsletter to keep members informed about local environmental issues, as well as conservation issues in the wider community.
- Supporting environmental campaigns, such as conservation of urban bushland and protection of the Georges River catchment.
- Making representations to Members of Parliament on important local environmental issues.
- Investigating and reporting environmental problems such as pollution and habitat destruction.
- Working with other conservation bodies, such as the Georges River Combined Councils, Georges River Environmental Alliance, Total Environment Centre.